Monday, June 15, 2009

Vacation...Sorta of.

Here goes my tri-monthly or so blog.
Tomorrow in about 8 hours I will be awoken by my father to start our two day drive to New Mexico. I have spent the better part of the last two days cleaning up my house and packing stuff that is going with us. I am official on vacation from two days ago until next Monday. I will spend half of this time "working" and the other half relaxing in the dry heat of New Mexico.

I was excited about seeing my dad for the first time in a year and I am excited to see my mom and cousins for the first time in a year as well. I am not excited in the least to take two days to drive there, but thems the breaks. When I get there, I plan on eating lots of unhealthy food and seeing how many attempts my cousin will use to hook me up with some random females he knows. In general though, I will enjoy 3 days of no responsibility and relaxation.

I'm also excited about taking a long annoying test when I get back from New Mexico to attempt to qualify for the Detroit Police Department. Many friends think it is a good thing for me to do, some think it is not safe so I should not do it. I don't know if it is normal or not, but I have absolutely no fear about the job. It is dangerous but I'm not worried. If God wants to take me, he will, end of story. Besides, I could crash in my plane on the way back to merry old Michigan and getting eating by a shark somehow. (if this happens, I am in NO WAY prophesying)

Well thats all I got for now.
Peace out everyone. See ya in a week.

2 comments:

Zombie said...

Into a fresh water lake.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I think fear should be involved in you becoming a police officer ... but not from your side, but the side of the people you are going after.

I remember once when you told me that you were glad that you were a Christian otherwise you think you might have killed somone by now.

I think, as long as you're going into the job for the right reasons, that it's a very admirable thing to do. I will pray for you that God's will be done.

Just learn how to harness your negative energy and control your anger in sticky situations though - that's the only advice I'd give you.

Watch out Detroit - Justin's gonna be crackin' some skulls!