Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time to go.

So, the Army finally got there heads out of there arses this last week. They finally cleared my medical paperwork. I am now required to pass a physical and then from there, I just need to take the ASVAB and pick my job and see when I can leave. I have not ever been 100% on doing this, but it appears to be one of my best and only options right now. I've been praying for a long time for some guidance that I either fail to see or am not getting. So I pray for something else to come up that can fix my situation, if not then to the Army I go.
I think about leaving and it makes me sad but at the same time, I don't really feel like I'd be leaving much behind. That may seem harsh but its the truth. I have nothing to keep me here. I see my friends and church family 1-2 times a week. Some of them a 3rd if I'm really lucky. Everybody I know gets to hang out and then and go back to their families. I get to go back to my empty house.
Today its Halloween and if this weekend is any indication of how the next few months are going to go, I'm going to lose my mind. It took everything I had not to flip out on rude, inconsiderate people and get myself fired these last couple days. Everybody I know was spending time together or with there families. I was working, and that's how it goes, that's pretty much how its always gone with this job.
I'm going to attempt to get a couple extra weekdays off sometime in the next couple weeks to get this physical done. I'm going to try to finally get this all taken care of. I'm still not sure what to pray for but I'm still praying. I just know that the next two months aren't going to be any easier than this weekend was with work or anything else.

2 comments:

OneBigHappy said...

Sometimes the answer to prayers is simply an open door. Some doors are closed, others open, so you step through and serve Christ where you are in that moment. I can tell you that if you end up going, it will be a tremendously sad day for me, but I'll be happy for you. I love having you around. You have grown into an amazing young man who has persevered through hard times and served the Kingdom faithfully. It really is an honor to know you and to be a part of your life. If it's the military life for you, then I know you'll be great at it, and we'll always be here to come home to if you need us. I'm sorry you don't have more peace, but I trust God to give you peace as you live for Christ, in the military or wherever he takes you.

muzicbox said...

I agree. Like I said ... I don't think God swoops down, in a noticeable spectacle, to give us the answers to what our next steps should be. You see a possible opportunity (even if it seems slighty impossible), you make a plan, commit that plan to God's will, and if he wants you there ... he'll allow it to happen. You gotta make a move. You're in a rut. Promise yourself that in 1 month's time you'll make a change to your situation, then another then another. Just do it - otherwise you're wasting your time. You'll never be homeless, you have too many family members to ever be homeless - so take some chances!